Banner Self Service
Banner Self Service is a password-protected, secure website for alumnae of Sweet Briar College. Among other features, it has an online alumnae directory. Using your username and password, you will be able to log in at any time to update your personal information or search for contact information on alumnae friends. The newest feature of Banner Self Service is the ability to pull alumnae lists and spreadsheets by foreign country as well as state, region, club area, class, major and occupation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Both your username and password are assigned by the College and are sent to you by the alumnae relations and development office. You cannot create an account on your own.
This is the information that is shown when an alumna looks you up in the online directory. Your Directory Profile includes your name, year of graduation, major, home and business address, telephone numbers, and your preferred email address that you have provided to the College. You have the opportunity to update this information or remove it from view by other users.
How can I remove my information from view?
The information you provide is kept for the College's records and is not shared with anyone except authorized users of Sweet Briar College's alumnae relations and development online services. Initially, all information in your directory profile is displayed. However, the Alumnae Alliance wants you to have the flexibility to share as much or as little information as you wish. At your discretion, you may immediately remove selected information from the online directory. To do so:
- Under "Alumnae," choose "Keep in Touch."
- Choose "Review your Directory Profile."
- You can then remove the check mark from the boxes marked "Display in Directory" next to each item you wish to remove.
- Click on "Submit Changes."
If an alumna searches for your record, she won't see any information you've chosen to exclude.
If you make a mistake or change your mind about removing any information from view, just recheck the box. The changes you make in the "Display in Directory" boxes take effect immediately.
How can I update my information?
You can submit changes by completing one of our update forms here.
Who has access to the online directory?
Alumnae of Sweet Briar College, verified against the College's records by name, class year, and identification number, have access to the directory. Those outside the Sweet Briar College community are denied access.
How secure is my information?
The Sweet Briar College alumnae relations and development office has made every effort to ensure that individual privacy is protected. The site is technologically secure and password-protected, and it is intended strictly to facilitate alumnae networking and communication with the College. Unauthorized use, including but not limited to solicitation or commercial purposes, is strictly prohibited.
Will alumnae who abuse the online community be penalized?
Yes. Abusers of the directory will be removed from the online community.
What if I lose or forget my username or password?
If you have lost your username and password, please contact Bonnie Seitz '01 at [email protected].
If you have previously logged in and created a "secret" question and answer, you should be able to enter the system by clicking on "I have forgotten my password." If you are able to correctly answer the "secret" question, you should be able to set a new password and log in. If you are not successful, contact the alumnae relations and development office and they will reset your password.
How do I pull an alumnae list or spreadsheet?
- Under Alumnae Services, choose "Reports for Alumnae."
- Next, choose your list format:
- Excel spreadhseet (not sortable)
- Excel spreadhseet without post-graduate information (sortable)
- PDF with basic contact information
- PDF with basic contact information, employment and post-graduate information
- Next, choose the type of list you'd like to pull. Your options are: state, region, alumnae club, class, major, occupation or nation. Combinations of these are not allowed. You can also choose to sort the list by current last name, maiden last name, class or city.
- After choosing the list and sort options, click the "Submit" button at the top of the screen.
- If you chose a spreadsheet list, the file will download to your computer. If you chose a basic list, the file will appear in a new browser window.
We hope that you will enjoy using Banner Self Service with online directory and the new alumnae list option. Be sure to visit the site frequently for enhancements.