Reporting a Crime or Emergency-Silent Witness

You should report any suspicious persons, criminal acts, or any emergency, immediately to the Department of Safety either in person or by telephone. 

The emergency number is (434) 381-6111.  An officer will investigate and take appropriate action.

Depending on the circumstances, your resident coordinator (RC), or Resident Advisor (RA),  may also be effective in a threatening situation.  If you feel threatened and don’t know what to do, contact an (RC) or an (RA)  immediately.  Remember that they are here to help.


Please visit, to file a report through the Silent Witness Program.