CAREER OUTCOMES: SUMMARY REPORT 2011-2014
It should be noted that during the 2012-2013 academic year, the College introduced a new survey system called Qualtrics. This software package systematized analysis of graduating student outcomes, resulting in a more sophisticated reporting format. The chart IR developed (see below) captures the most recent data available via Qualtrics and matches it according to the new NACE National Outcome Standards formalized in January 2014. A formal outcomes report for the Class of 2014 will be generated at the 6-months-out point, and incorporated in the Qualtrics matrix below.
Career Services Center Performance Highlights and Selected Reports
Sweet Briar Career Services Center Recognitions
Sweet Briar College ranked nationally for excellence in career services
2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2014
The Princeton Review’s 2014 College Guide ranked Sweet Briar College
at #10 on its “Best Career Services” list.
Long recognized for its challenging intellectual environment and individual focus on real life learning, Sweet Briar College recently ranked in the top 20 percent in all five areas in the new National Survey for Student Engagement, one of only four colleges to do so. Among all colleges surveyed, SBC has the highest score for student interaction with faculty in the senior year.
"The National Survey for Student Engagement wasn't designed to rank colleges, but its findings nonetheless have suddenly put such small colleges as Elon, Centre, and Sweet Briar on a list of near-idyllic places to study." — Christian Science Monitor, Nov. 14, 2000
Sweet Briar College Career Services was named among Best Colleges Online’s 20 Colleges with the Best Career Services in 2012.
Sweet Briar College’s Career Services has repeatedly been ranked in the TOP 10 in the USA (2008-2011 and 2014) by the Princeton Review's Best Colleges publication.
Sweet Briar Career Services Center Excellence
- George Dehne, SOF outside consultant, has stated that the Career Services Center at Sweet Briar is “among the best he has seen and deserving of emphasis.”
- Director received a Leadership Award from VACE in 2002
- Director regularly presents at state and regional conferences – nationally (NACE) (May 2006), SOACE, VACE
- Director presented a nationwide webinar in March of 2007
- Director and associate director presented in December 2007 – Southern Association of Colleges and Employers Conference
- Director and associate director presented at VACE (Virginia Association of Colleges and Employers in May of 2008
- College Senior Surveys (CSS) – Career Services ranked well above peer institutions in most career development related categories
- Strong outcomes
- NSSE (National Survey of Student Engagement) statistics
- NACE benchmarking statistics