• No categories

Employment on Campus

International students are eligible for all campus jobs available to Sweet Briar students. These include, but are not limited to, working for an academic or administrative department, working in the riding stables, library work, and working in the campus school. A work permit is not necessary for jobs for which you receive a check from Sweet Briar College. International students may not work for private individuals or for off-campus institutions without a special work permit granted from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Any unauthorized work will jeopardize the student’s visa status. Many international students stay on-campus during the summers and we offer excellent summer campus jobs, which include special research projects. At most larger schools, these research jobs are usually staffed by graduate students.

In order to work on-campus, foreign students must apply for a social security identification number. The College will arrange transportation for you to go to the Social Security Office as soon as you arrive. Once assigned, this number also is used as an ID number. If your passport will be less than a year old when you will arrive in the U.S., you also will need to bring a copy of your birth certificate in order to get a social security number.