Sweet Briar provides a safe community for all students, faculty and staff. All residence halls are locked 24 hours a day, accessible only to Sweet Briar students and their guests. During check-in, you will receive a key that fits all front door locks and your individual room key.
Questions should be directed to the Department of Safety, (434) 381-6144.
e2 Campus – Emergency Communications System
Sweet Briar College has a state-of-the-art communication system called e2Campus to quickly notify individuals in case of emergency, including weather-related events such as tornados and snow delays/closures.
Who can sign up for this service?
Anyone with an SBC email account can opt into this free service.
What if I have more than one phone number?
You can enter up to two phone numbers and two email addresses. Those who wish to do so can opt to list a family member’s or friend’s phone number or email address.
- Go to my.sbc.edu
- Enter your email username and password (i.e. [email protected], username is williams20)
- Click on the "log in" button
- Once you are logged into mySBC, you will reach the welcome page
- Click on the "Orientation" tab
- Click on "e2Campus Emergency Notification"
For Text Messages:
- Enter the information requested
- Wait to receive a text message
- Enter your validation code sent to your cellular phone via text message
- Click the “validate” button and your registration is complete!
For Email Notifications:
- Enter all the information requested
- Log into your email account
- Enter the validation code sent to you via email
- Click the “validate” button, and your registration is complete!