Orientation is the first step in your collegiate career.
Student Life has designed a program to familiarize new students with the Sweet Briar campus and community while giving you time to unpack, relax and connect with classmates.
New students will be introduced to academic life and expectations, participate in first year traditions and begin to experience the various co-curricular and recrational opportuniteies available to you during the next four years.
During orientation you will
- make new friends and meet upperclasswomen
- meet your faculty advisor, register for classes and purchase books
- develop community standards with your hallmates
- participate in traditions
- attend discussions about academic expectations
- learn the value of our honor codde and pledge to uphold our standards with your classmates
- participate in bystander intervention training
- complete a service project with your class
- lounge at the lake
- have dinner at a faculty or staff memeber's house
- begin to feel more settled at Sweet Briar
- fall athletes will pariticpate in pre-season
- riders will take placement tests
In the fall, new students arrive on Friday Aug.19, 2016, before classes begin on the following Thursday.
Spring orientation is shorter. New and transfer stuents will arrive on Monday Jan. 16, 2016, and classes will begin on Tuesday.
For more information on check-in, click here.